Our forensic accountants and consultants work closely with insurance, legal and corporate professionals to provide accurate and reliable analysis of the value of claims made under W&I insurance policies.
In any claim, it is often important to establish the timeline of events. Our forensic technology team can assist with the extraction and analysis of large amounts of data and documentation that can assist in understanding when certain key facts or issues become known to the relevant parties.
Our analysis can be supported by our corporate finance division which has extensive experience in providing value added investment banking services to lower and middle market companies in a wide range of industries. These include transaction and strategic advisory services, as well as financial opinion analyses, to clients with annual revenues ranging from $1M to over $1B.
Desktop review at underwriting stage
- We can provide initial high-level input to assist underwriters in preparing the questions for, and evaluating the answers from, their calls or meetings with the insured, as part of insurers’ due diligence procedures. This can include specific questions designed to identify, define and quantify key valuation issues which may assist underwriters in considering certain areas of risk within the policy.
Case management assistance
- We can help identify the relevant documents and information required to develop the case strategy and provide a basis for presenting or defending a claim.
Initial review and technical assessment of Claim
- We can work collaboratively with clients to assist in the initial understanding and applicability of specific representations and warranties in the context of the transaction and help assess the merits and liability of a claim from a valuation, accounting standards and financial perspective.
Quantification of claim
- Drawing on our experience in business valuation and the quantification of losses in our corporate, litigation, insolvency and insurance practice areas, we are able to quantify damages arising from an alleged breach so as to put the claimant back in the same position as if no breach had taken place.
Presentation of findings
- We can produce either high-level or detailed written reports on our findings, expert reports for Court purposes and oral testimony as required, should the matter be taken through to trial.