On this episode of Healthy Outcomes, our host Mark Ross interviews Baker Tilly’s leader of diversity, inclusion and belonging, Shane Lloyd, about diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) as it relates to healthcare provider entities.
Topics of discussion include:
- How DEI is defined within a healthcare provider context and how DEI is connected to social determinants of health and health equity.
- What differentiates healthcare provider entities from other industry sectors as it relates to DEI.
- The impact that DEI strategies can have on recruitment and retention efforts and population health.
- Common DEI initiatives deployed by healthcare providers to move DEI strategies forward, and how to effectively prioritize initiatives.
- The importance of having team members that are diverse and representative of the populations they serve, across a variety of functional roles and levels, and how diversity can improve patient care and outcomes.
- The importance of staying disciplined and consistent with DEI initiatives.
- The importance of developing appropriate metrics to measure progress and success.
Connect with us to hear more about our healthcare team.