On this episode of Healthy Outcomes, our host Mark Ross interviews Baker Tilly’s acute care reimbursement leader, Keith Hutcheson, about proposed changes to Medicare reimbursement rates and methodologies for FY 2023. Ross and Hutcheson also talk about some of the financial issues hospitals are experiencing.
Topics of discussion include:
- Proposed Medicare IPPS rate change for FY 2023
- The importance of accurately reporting uncompensated care so that hospitals can receive their fair share of Medicare’s predetermined pool of funds
- Medicare’s rural hospital programs that are scheduled to sunset after Sept. 30, 2022 (e.g., Medicare Dependent Hospital, Low Volume Designation, etc.)
- CMS’ methodology for calculating GME payments
- Low Wage Index Policy, and the permanent cap on any decrease in a hospital’s Wage Index
Connect with us to hear more about our healthcare team.