Oracle Talent Acquisition Cloud (OTAC), also known as Taleo, has long been considered an industry leader in the Talent Acquisition market. However, for Taleo clients that have implemented Oracle HCM Cloud Core HR, there is now an attractive alternative. Oracle Recruiting is the recruiting module within the Oracle HCM Cloud suite. Released in June of 2018, Oracle Recruiting was built organically in the Oracle Cloud and is the type of innovation that will enable organizations to bring key business functionality onto the same platform as your Oracle HCM Cloud.
Oracle Recruiting provides a seamlessly integrated solution for sourcing, recruiting and onboarding, and delivers distinct benefits and returns when compared to the previous standalone Taleo offering. Here are 6 of the highest value benefits our clients are realizing now:
1. Better data quality/reduced integrations - With Oracle Recruiting, the number of integrations needed to maintain the system decreases dramatically - integrations for foundational data (organization, location, and job function), requisition templates, position/job details, employees and internal candidates, as well as new hires, are no longer needed. With all data on a single platform and the capability to leverage configuration from other HCM modules including organizations, jobs, positions, work locations, geographies and more, the latest data available to the business can be leveraged immediately in the recruiting process. This reduces the number of costly data errors that may arise throughout the recruiting, hiring and onboarding processes.
2. Integrated reporting - With Oracle Recruiting, organizations now have the ability to have all available HR data housed within one reporting tool. No need to export information to a data warehouse or other cloud solutions. Reports can seamlessly include data across different functional HR areas. The business challenges that can be solved with integrated reporting are numerous – combine recruiting data and performance records to help make more strategic business decisions around hiring practices to identify top talent or link job openings to talent profiles and key competencies to identify internal talent, to name a few.
3. One HR platform - Within HCM Cloud, employees will now have one location to go to for all HR self-service activities. In addition to submitting a time sheet or updating their address, employees can now search for open jobs or review a job offer within the "Me" tab. The manager experience is enhanced as well – one single manager self-service interface drives adoption, satisfaction and most importantly, enhances managerial decision-making when it comes to identifying quality new-hires.
4. Seamless onboarding experience - Onboarding in Oracle Recruiting leverages a tool called HCM checklist. Checklist offers organizations the unique ability to leverage different application tasks like Family and Emergency Contacts directly in the onboarding experience. This reduces the need for custom forms and data integration with Taleo, and introduces new hires to HCM Core employee self-service activities. As a result, new hire data is in HCM Core before day one. This introduction allows them to become familiar with the user experience they will have in HR throughout their career.
5. Adaptive intelligence and digital assistant - With the introduction of Adaptive Intelligence (AI) into Oracle Recruiting, the recruiting team now has the ability to leverage machine learning to enhance the decisions recruiters and hiring managers make on candidates during the hiring process. For candidates, the career site offers a light adaptive intelligence engine to boost their ability to find jobs that interest them most. Beyond AI, Digital Assistant has also been introduced within both HCM and on the career site of Oracle Recruiting. It provides candidates and internal recruiters real-time answers to their questions. Both of these new technologies reduce human response time with manual, tactical tasks, and frees them up for higher value added, strategic activities.
6. Improved internal mobility – Often organizations tend to focus solely on the external labor market when filling open roles in the organization. But what about the internal labor market? Oracle Recruiting promotes internal mobility and the value of getting the right people, in the right role or position at the right time. Oracle Recruiting has dedicated space in HCM where candidates can locate jobs and apply – leveraging their talent profile used by many other modules in the HCM Suite.
For organizations facing talent scarcity or other challenges in talent acquisition, Oracle Recruiting offers multiple, high value returns for a comparatively light investment. Many of our clients are realizing these returns as they swap out Taleo for Oracle Recruiting. We would love to help you assess the options, benefits and timing that’s right for your business.