An American-owned company that manufactures and markets exceptional quality, premium multi-ply stainless steel and cast aluminum cookware. In business for over 100 years, the company employs 300 associates across its manufacturing, global sales, and distribution facilities. The company drives approximately $85M+ in annual revenue through both its direct sales model and B2B/B2C eCommerce channels.
The business challenge
- A dated legacy ERP system dependent on numerous customizations and third party extensions that were added over its 19 year lifespan
- Highly manual sales forecasting process that lacks integration to critical business applications
- Inability to efficiently manage the company’s complex commissions structure required for its direct sales model
- Limitations to grow internationally due to the legacy system’s inability to easily handle localization and multi-currency requirements
The Baker Tilly approach
- Met with executives and key stakeholders to identify strategic objectives to help guide the software evaluation process
- Facilitated discovery workshops to generate critical and unique business requirements used to create a Request for Proposal (RFP)
- Scored, organized, and presented RFP responses to the company’s core team so that an unbiased, fact-based selection of vendor finalists could be made
- Facilitated a scripted demonstration of each finalist’s software to determine its ability to use the company’s data and address their unique business challenges
The business impact
- Identified and documented numerous process improvement opportunities to be considered during the ERP implementation that will streamline future state business processes
- Significantly increased the company’s confidence that their new platform will support more robust and integrated eCommerce site deployments and their international growth aspirations
- Coached the company through contract negotiations to identify cost savings and clear Total Cost of Ownership
For more information on this topic, or to learn how Baker Tilly specialists can help, contact our team.