Credit unions face a unique challenge from the combination of regulatory changes, continued cybersecurity threats and industry competition, while balancing operational efficiency and increased member expectations.
These issues affect your organization on multiple fronts:
- Keeping up with advancements for member experience technology
- Accounting correctly for new and changing accounting pronouncements
- Complying with evolving regulatory requirements
- Mitigating your exposure to risk, including cybersecurity risk
Depend on the skills, knowledge and exceptional client service of the Baker Tilly financial services team to help you achieve your goals. We go beyond simply supplying the basic accounting, risk advisory, information technology and consulting services you require. We work with your management team, supervisory committee and board to bring you timely, relevant and effective ideas and solutions, as well as emerging trends to take your credit union to the next level.
Solution focus: Member experience
Gain insight for effective decisions from our team’s years of experience working with credit unions: we devote time to understanding the issues our credit union clients face, so your members benefit from solutions tailored to meet your organization’s unique needs.
Understand Baker Tilly’s core values and how they influence everything we do, view our Annual Report.
Experience to help you achieve your outcomes
Benefit from professionals specialized by both industry and service, providing your organization with insight and guidance. Our team understands credit unions’ dedication to supporting their members’ financial journey. We know this dedication impacts the decision credit unions make in their systems, processes and business and financial strategies. We can help your organization apply your mission to your financial and organizational structures to achieve your desired outcomes.
- Member experience
- Advanced analytics, forecasting and predictive modeling
- Marketing and sales effectiveness
- Project, program and change management
Accounting, assurance and advisory services
- Financial statement audits
- Accounting for the allowance for loan and lease losses (ALLL)
- Employee benefit plan audits
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Analysis and implementation of accounting pronouncements (e.g., CECL)
Risk, internal audit and cybersecurity
- Internal audit outsourcing and co-sourcing
- Information technology and cybersecurity internal audits, including internal and external penetration testing
- Cybersecurity policy and program development
- Credit and operational risk consulting
- Enterprise risk management (ERM)
- SSAE 18 / SOC 1, SOC 2 and SOC for Cybersecurity reporting services
- Third-party data center reviews
Regulatory compliance services
- Bank Secrecy Act (BSA)/ USA PATRIOT Act and Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA)
- Anti-Money Laundering
- Fair Lending and UDAAP
- Lending related regulations including TRID, RESPA, HMDA, Regulation Z, etc.
- Members shares related regulations
- CFPB compliance
- Dodd Frank
- PCI (payment card industry) compliance
- Comply with IRS requirements, including the filing of Forms 990 and 990-T
- Conduct FIN 48 analyses and unrelated business income analyses