Supply chains are being tested domestically and globally by the coronavirus pandemic and its resulting business and economic challenges, potential trade wars and shifting governmental changes. The success of your business is dependent on your supply chain aligning with and supporting your strategic business objectives – growth, customer experience, operational effectiveness and cost efficiency.
Baker Tilly’s professionals can help assess your organization’s supply chain, and design a road map of recommended improvements to optimize the resiliency of your supply chain.
Our supply chain resilience diagnostic will leverage empirical data and visualization methods to evaluate your supply chain resilience. We comprehensively consider resilience across the six key supply chain pillars.
- Planning – Do your forecasting, production, distribution, inventory and materials planning processes anticipate or respond well to unforeseen market shifts?
- Sourcing and procurement – Does your strategy extend beyond cost and include supplier geography, transportation, international trade considerations, and tier-two or tier-three supplier capabilities (i.e., your supplier’s suppliers)?
- Manufacturing – Can your manufacturing footprint, capacity and partners accommodate rapidly shifting what you make and where you make it to respond to market or customer demands?
- Distribution and logistics – Are your distribution network and logistics or transportation modes, lanes and providers diversified and flexible to meet rapidly shifting circumstances?
- Reverse logistics – How well does your supply chain handle out-of-the-ordinary or unforeseen levels of product returns?
- Technology enablement – Do the technologies used across your supply chain today enable or hinder responsiveness to rapidly changing market or customer demands?
The outcome will consist of three key elements:
- Ranking/scoring based on our proprietary supply chain resiliency model and your business's competitive objectives
- Summary of key supply chain risks
- Short- and long-term improvements and corrective actions prioritized by business impact
Our diagnostic process culminates in the development of recommendations for enhancing operational supply chain resilience to effectively prepare for and respond to an unknown and dynamic future.
Our team of professionals are ready to help you embed resiliency in the fabric of your supply chain and drive value for your customers and shareholders.