Significant duty and tariff increases imposed by key world economies have applied considerable pressure on companies that rely on global trade to conduct business. For many manufacturers and distributors, these added costs threaten the viability of the business itself — seemingly with no solution in sight.
Import duties and tariffs levied on your company, when not properly addressed, can negatively impact profit margins and effectively restrain its ability to profitably operate. Starting with an HS code classification assessment, Baker Tilly’s clients benefit from the proprietary process, extensive trade experience and unique analytics platform proven to REDUCE or even ELIMINATE import tariffs.
Improvement in import duties and tariffs:
Our understanding of import duties and HS tariffs allows us to provide a high level of support in a way that is custom to the pace of need, investment and urgency of each organization.
A preliminary assessment of issues and gaps could provide a directionally focused mitigation plan. If you want to nearly future-proof your operations against duties, tariffs and rising trade tensions, connect with our team today for a complimentary assessment.
An extensive roster of services for importers and manufacturers:
- Tariff reduction viability assessment
- Customs compliance and cost reduction health checks
- Duty reduction support
- Tariff classification and correction support
- Product- and sector-specific performance benchmarking
- Supply chain analysis and improvement support
- Export controls assessment and verification
- Country-specific risk assessments
- Design and implementation of a compliance framework
- Compliance program implementation
- Global trade compliance training and change management support
- Global trade audits and audit assistance
- Managed services and ongoing compliance support