As companies pursue organizational excellence in their supply chains, effectively managing risk and uncertainty rise in importance. Investments in enhanced processes and effective technologies can serve as significant competitive advantages, enabling a company to proactively address volatility. In this on-demand webinar, two major themes are discussed:
- Best-in-class analytics to create responsive and flexible companies, including an overview of how companies leverage advanced analytics to increase visibility, responsiveness and resilience in their supply chains.
- Overview of upcoming guidance for the creation of a System and Organization Controls (SOC) for Supply Chain assurance examination and report proposed by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA). This new criteria is expected to meet management’s need to gain insight into potential vendor supply chain risks in the market, with significant interest in the SOC for Supply Chain report by suppliers of major automotive, pharmaceutical and technology companies. Baker Tilly’s SOC specialist gives background on expectations for the SOC for Supply Chain report including, the expected use, benefits and intended users of the report – whether you are a customer or a supplier. A brief overview of the AICPA’s SOC framework is also provided.
After attending this webinar, participants will be able to:
- Describe how descriptive, predictive and prescriptive analytical tools and technologies are used within supply chains to increase flexibility, reduce risk and create competitive advantage.
- Recognize the purpose, use and importance of the SOC for Supply Chain examination report in enhancing processes and providing assurance.
- Identify the intended users of the SOC for Supply Chain report and understand the timeline for availability of the report.
Who should attend?
This webinar is intended for management, operational leads or other pertinent stakeholders of suppliers, customers and business partners in the supply chain industry, and potential issuers and recipients of a SOC for Supply Chain report.
Download the presentation
For more information on this topic, or to learn how Baker Tilly specialists can help, contact our team.