Global manufacturer of medical devices and supplies with 38,000 employees across more than 70 countries.
The business challenge
During a period of rapid global expansion, the company was working to hire and onboard talent in new markets. Disparate processes and a limited onboarding tool failed to meet the needs of the organization. Specific areas of concern included:
- Onboarding effectiveness: Disorganized and manual new hire initiation tasks were a headache for the company. There were disparate onboarding processes across different business units and geographies, which led to countless hours wasted on activities that produced little value.
- New hire experience: New hires struggled to get through onboarding and up to productivity due to experiences that were both unmotivating and inconsistent from team to team, business unit to business unit, and location to location.
- User buy in and adoption: The client had concerns about getting support from and standardization across more than 60 countries in a 6 month timeframe, given that each group was used to a manual process that afforded them the freedom to do things their own way.
The Baker Tilly solution
Baker Tilly brought its proven methodology to the table and worked with the client to tailor an approach for the project. We partnered on the following key activities and milestones to implement Oracle’s Taleo Onboarding Cloud platform:
- Conducted a thorough current state analysis to understand the process variances across teams, business units, and geographies.
- Partnered with stakeholders to understand the legal and business requirements for future state.
- Designed an optimized new hire onboarding process that incorporates leading practices and standardizes the experience across the organization while still allowing flexibility where needed.
- Conducted a job impact analysis to identify the changes required for future state as input to the communication and training plans.
- Developed and tested the process with key global stakeholders to ensure legal and business fit, as well as improved end user experience.
- Established and executed the detailed communication and training plans to drive end user buy in, adoption, and long term sustainability.
By optimizing their processes and implementing a state-of-the-art onboarding platform, the client has transformed their onboarding programs and positioned their teams to support continued growth and other key strategic objectives.
- Improved time-to-productivity: Employees are empowered to be more productive from day one, making them a positive contributor much faster than in the past.
- Process uniformity: Ensured single process and technology is followed globally and each hiring manager applies the standard process, improving the new hire experience and contributing to the organization’s reporting and analytics.
- Positive user adoption: An integrated change management program with a tailored approach and the right level of rigor correlated to increased user adoption
Download this case study >
For more information on this topic, or to learn how Baker Tilly talent management specialists can help, contact our team.