Business or nonbusiness income? Asset or stock sale? Pre-acquisition tax liabilities. Successor liability. Bulk sale notice. These are some of the many issues that sellers and buyers confront when structuring a deal.
Listen to state and local tax professionals from Baker Tilly and Horwood Marcus & Berk to explore those issues and several more.
The program also discusses
- Sales/use tax and income tax issues that might arise in a merger or acquisition
- State and local tax implications of transactions under IRC sections 338, 351, 368 and 382
- Potential traps for the unwary in a merger or acquisition
- Possible state tax planning opportunities in a merger or acquisition
Baker Tilly presenters
- Gary Peric_, Partner, Firm Leader of State and Local Tax, Baker Tilly_
- David Hughes_, Partner, State and Local Tax, Horwood Marcus & Berk Chartered_
For more information on this topic, or to learn how Baker Tilly tax specialists can help, contact our team.