Part of an integrated healthcare delivery system, this client offers a full range of health insurance, Medicare, CHIP, behavioral health, employee assistance and workers’ compensation products and services to over 3.2 million members.
The business challenge
- Marketing and member engagement objectives: To achieve acquisition, retention and member engagement objectives, the client required a more sophisticated, data- driven marketing platform and faster processes for delivering accurate, segmented, communications to an increasingly complex portfolio of members and prospects.
- Lack of platform knowledge and roadmap: The client had licensed an enterprise-grade campaign management tool, but had limited institutional knowledge to inform decisions on operational best practices, system configuration, customizations and data models – all of which would be required to ensure a successful implementation.
- Implementation fatigue: A previous implementation of another platform had failed, resulting in years of organizational investment into marketing technology that had fallen below expectations and lacked the capacity for proper execution.
The Baker Tilly approach
- Marketing technology alignment with campaign planning: Studied the client’s current marketing tactics and upcoming strategies to develop a phased implementation approach providing both immediate marketing automation capabilities as well as opportunities for platform enhancements to accompany short-term and long-term growth plans.
- Healthcare vertical expertise: Leveraged our knowledgeable healthcare advisors who understand the unique challenges associated with health plan marketing and member engagement. The team worked closely with marketing stakeholders and ensure that the tool implementation would fully support consumer acquisition, engagement and wellness and condition management strategies.
- Tool solution architects and functionality experts: Assembled a team of technical experts with hands-on proficiency with the platform and its real-world application to manage the implementation with client information technology and marketing resources, develop customized tools for the marketing and analytics users and build and test phase one go-to- market campaigns at the completion of the tool implementation.
- Implementation and training deployment: Developed and executed a comprehensive implementation plan accompanied by a robust collection of knowledge transfer activities with new users, including documentation, training and real-time coaching during campaign development.
- Organizational alignment: Worked with marketing leadership to assess current team roles and responsibilities and define the functional realignments best-suited for post- implementation operations.
The business impact
- The client now has a new data-driven marketing asset that greatly enhances targeting and segmentation capabilities and provides a path forward to marketing effectiveness management and continuous improvement.
- Dramatic improvements to efficiency and speed to market were achieved, even in the initial phase. With continued support from Baker Tilly, the client is targeting a complete transition of all current manually-executed engagement campaigns to the new platform within two business quarters.
- Direct integration of the platform with the client’s in-house email delivery platform provides streamlined, automated execution of communications through the channel and makes personalization and dynamic content an easier process with less room for error.
- Seamless platform implementation, system delivery and campaign deployment allowed primary stakeholders to demonstrate immediate value to client leadership and across the enterprise.
- The client now has a platform enhancement roadmap that better positions them to respond nimbly to future marketing opportunities and allows for adjustments in marketing automation capabilities as business needs grow and demands shift.
Download the full case study >
**For more information on this topic, or to learn how Baker Tilly specialists can help, contact our team.**