A national full-service professional services firm who specializes in providing their clients with assurance, advisory and tax services.
The business challenge
The company was struggling to measure its digital marketing efforts, keep up with campaign volume and meet the needs of the business with their existing marketing tools. The decision had been made to switch to Oracle’s Eloqua marketing automation solution, but the challenges in doing so included:
- Balancing the demands of serving varying needs across multiple business units
- Migrating existing data from multiples sources of data, including existing email subscription preferences
- Accurately integrating with their CRM system to ensure lead, contact, campaign, campaign members, and custom data sources maintained alignment
- Ensuring team members receive training and guidance to move digital marketing campaign activities to Eloqua
The Baker Tilly approach
Baker Tilly took a planful approach to plan and deliver a seamless transition and replacement of current platform while also expanding and improving current capabilities.
- Captured requirements and priorities; aligned to Eloqua capabilities to replace and improve upon existing capabilities
- Utilized data tools and program builder for transition which included existing data attributes and existing email group preferences
- Improved data structures, integrated custom objects, and built re-usable filters to improve segmentation management
- Built a complex subscription management program to maintain 2-way visibility of all email group level subscriptions with CRM
- Established a demand center model to centralize management of campaigns in support of 14 business units
The business impact
The successful transition to Eloqua and the establishment of new features and processes to support marketing automation, resulted in the following benefits:
- Improved performance measurement and tracking that allowed for the ongoing optimization of emails and landing pages
- Improved targeting and segmentation capabilities resulting from integrations that replaced manual list management efforts
- More efficient and centralized delivery of multi-step and event based campaigns through establishment of campaign canvases and custom objects
- Timely lead management hand-offs, updated data, and fully aligned data across leads, contacts, and campaigns resulting from CRM integration
Download this case study >
For more information on this topic, or to learn how Baker Tilly specialists can help, contact our team.