Welcome to Higher Ed Advisor, the Baker Tilly podcast series where we speak with higher education industry leaders about practical and proactive guidance to help colleges and universities protect and enhance their value.
This podcast is the 15th episode in our fiscal resiliency series for higher education institutions.
As colleges and universities must innovate and adapt during this time of transformation across the industry, how are some institutions experiencing growth in this period of drastic change? For Rosedale Technical College (Rosedale Tech), their commitment to being student centered continues to be the key to success. President of Rosedale Tech, Dennis Wilke, expands on how the College’s unique value proposition allows them to better understand their students’ needs, grow a diverse student population and amplify relationships with employers to form workforce development partnerships that create endless possibilities for the entire community.
In this episode, we learn how Rosedale Tech effectively boosted institutional and student outcomes despite the COVID-19 pandemic and other challenges across higher education through strategies, such as:
- Utilizing their institutional values to drive decisions and align institution and student needs
- Taking an individualized approach to support and connect with their growing student body
- Understanding market trends and company cultures to match students with employers
- Demonstrating leadership’s commitment to student success with fun, engaging activities
- Going beyond conventional wisdom to prepare students for the workforce and life after college
Listen for the key drivers that propelled Rosedale Tech to achieve record enrollment during the peak of COVID-19, a time that transformed the industry landscape for years to come.