Michael has diverse experience and a record of accomplishment in leading people, programs, improving operational outcomes and developing best management practices within the healthcare industry. He has led several successful engagements that demonstrated an ability to develop and implement executive level strategies. Recognized for professionalism, commitment to excellence, and ability to communicate and work with senior management, associates, and customers. He has proven expertise in the areas of: operations management, corporate performance management and revenue cycle management.
Michael was previously employed by an international accounting and consulting firm and had national responsibility for delivering revenue cycle improvement results as well as the design and implementation of proven data analytic solutions for provider clients.
- Responsible for leading large process redesign/transformation projects for provider clients and function in a customer service management role that improve overall net revenue and reduce operating costs
- Advised clients on technology additions to streamline operations and improve management capabilities
- Designed and implemented performance and results measurement and management processes which enhanced information for management decision making
- Assisted client leadership with prioritization of various work streams to ensure largest financial returns were realized timely
- Healthcare Financial Management Association (HFMA), member
- Regularly presents strategic and operational material at numerous association seminars, including several Healthcare Financial Management Association meetings, North Carolina Healthcare Information & Communications Alliance, HIMSS, ACHE and other industry events
- Has given numerous presentations and webinars, including: The Critical Role of Performance Monitoring for any Organization; Business Intelligence in Healthcare; Maintaining Revenue Cycle Integrity by Understanding Workflow; Improving Cash Flow and Net Revenue using Metric Monitoring Tools; Journal of Managed Care Medicine; Seeing Beyond the number: Improving results through data visualization; Data Analytics and Workflow Automation; External Audits as an Opportunity for Process Re-engineering; Improving Revenue Cycle Outcomes: Harnessing the Power of Process Analytics and Automated Workflow
West Virginia Wesleyan College
Bachelor of Science in business and management information systems
University of North Carolina
Master of Business Administration