John Runte, a principal in the consulting practice of Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP, joined the firm in 2002. John has an extensive consulting background and currently leads several teams within the consulting practice including large transformation project services and modern analytics. Prior to joining Baker Tilly, he consulted in a global accounting, tax, and consulting firm.
John’s experience includes extensive work encompassing complex project management, process redesign, new product development, information system strategic planning, information system design, and implementation with a focus on program management of large complex transformation projects, application integration solutions and modern analytics.
- General assessments–John has conducted more than thirty general assessments in Fortune 500 organizations and large government organizations. The project audits/assessments focus on complex project initiatives involving technology design, development, configuration, testing, and implementation.
- Executive oversight and delivery responsibility for application integration solutions associated with customer portals at Assurant Health. Additionally designed, developed, tested, and implemented customer and product profitability management reporting solutions via significant optimization of existing data warehouse assets
- CUNA Mutual Group (CMG)–John has executed multiple Project Quality Assessment (PQA) projects for CMG on critical engagements including more than twenty PQA projects within the last three years.
- Executive oversight and delivery responsibility for greater than twenty implementations of big data solutions Information Discovery tool sets.
- State of Indiana–John led the process and requirements definition for the State’s voter registration system including the vendor selection for Indiana’s Help America Vote Act project. Once the vendor was selected, John led a team focused on assessing system development and testing methodologies of the selected vendor including project management and vendor monitoring serving in the independent validation and verification (IV&V) role. John and his team have remained engaged for the past seven years managing the program of initiatives within this 40+ million dollar federally mandated program within the State of Indiana.
- Multi-national conglomerate (data warehouse and business intelligence). John managed and served as lead technical and business process design architect in an organizational reshaping initiative in which eleven independent divisions required consolidation into one corporate organization. John’s team consisted of nine client personnel and eleven consulting personnel focused on defining the organizational structure, the processes, and the technology required to provide the company with consolidated sales and profitability information by customer, product, and sales organization information. The project consisted of many challenging and dynamic phases including design, development, implementation, and rollout of an enterprise data warehousing solution.
- Numerous other projects involving business and technical transformation, assessments, strategic planning, new product development, process improvement, methodology improvement, business intelligence, data warehousing, large-scale system development, large-scale program management, and project management initiatives.
- Society of Information Management
- Project Management Institute
University of Wisconsin – Oshkosh
Bachelor of Business Administration in Finance
Bachelor of Business Administration in Management Information Systems