An independent, not-for-profit, large pediatric healthcare system in the United States with two free-standing hospitals, 12 primary and specialty-care clinics and six rehabilitation sites.
The business challenge
The organization’s applicant tracking system, PeopleSoft e-Recruit, was antiquated and time consuming. Specific areas of concern were:
- Too many clicks being required by the legacy system during the application process. The organization was experiencing a high drop off rate from candidates not completing their applications.
- Significant variability in processes, roles and responsibilities across the different areas of the organization which lead to inconsistent messages, experiences, and delays for candidates, recruiters and hiring managers. Resources were forced to duplicate data entries because of a lack of integrations between systems across all organizations.
- Limited use of social media to recruit impacted the ability to source from modern channels. Linking a candidate’s application to their LinkedIn profile was not possible. This inhibited employee referrals from their networks or engaging with younger candidates that leverage social media more frequently.
- The legacy system had issues collecting data in a timely and accurate fashion as well as providing the ability to see data in real time.
Modernizing their system
Understanding the constraints they faced with their current system, leadership agreed the time had come for them to move to a more modern platform that would improve their candidates’ experiences, allow them to improve the efficiencies of their talent sourcing and acquisition efforts, and provide them with the critical management tools and data needed to support their talent strategies. To support them in their efforts, they chose Baker Tilly to help them with this effort - a partner who could bring a comprehensive understanding of modern recruiting practices and the modern systems to support them. Working closely with the project team, Baker Tilly implemented Social Sourcing, Recruiting and Transitions systems to enable a common model and streamline systems across all organizations. Through a comprehensive knowledge transfer, Baker Tilly prepared the organization’s core project team to efficiently manage the system going forward, and implement new enhancements and configurations.
The implementation of Oracle HCM Cloud Recruiting and Social Sourcing modules has enabled the following key business results:
- The drop off rate for applicants has been reduced by 50 percent.
- Development of a simple, results-oriented workflow with well-defined steps/statuses has made the entire process easier for candidates and end users, and gives candidates across all cost centers a similar experience with similar communications.
- Third party integrations allow recruiters to initiate reference or background checks within one system, immensely reducing the number of clicks and need for duplicate data entry.
- Immediate increase in their candidate pipeline. A new powerful social employee referral tool provides the ability to tap into the social networks of their employees with targeted recruiting campaigns and connections to employee networks.
- The organization can now report accurate data in real time. Dashboards were created for end users so they could see key information such as time to hire, candidate pipeline, outstanding onboarding items, etc.
- Communication tools keep resources informed of where candidates are in the process and what is outstanding.