Welcome to Higher Ed Advisor, the Baker Tilly podcast series where we speak with higher education industry leaders about practical and proactive guidance to help colleges and universities protect and enhance their value.
Listen as Jim Carr, President and CEO of the National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA), shares the history, growth and mission of the NAIA as well as the benefits member institutions realize. Jim and host Dave Capitano have an engaging Q&A discussion covering the following:
- The three pillars of the NAIA – student success, enrollment and financial viability
- How mental health and wellness plays a pivotal role in student success
- NAIA’s student athlete eligibility and compliance requirements, scholarship model and name, image and likeness (NIL) opportunities
- NAIA’s transformation in governing NIL over the years
- The impact of college sports on campus and how admissions and athletics work together to enhance recruiting efforts, increase enrollment and improve an institution’s bottom line, generating a Return on Athletics (ROA)
- How institutions are navigating the esports ecosystem with NAIA guidance and the association’s connection to the National Association of Collegiate Esports (NACE)
Interested in more higher education podcasts on student success, collegiate athletics and other trending topics?