On this episode of Healthy Outcomes, our host Mark Ross interviews Baker Tilly’s risk advisory partner, Jeff Krull, about a variety of topics surrounding cybersecurity risk for healthcare providers. In addition to discussing the current state of cybersecurity in the healthcare industry, Mark and Jeff provide practical advice for industry leaders to help fortify their healthcare organizations against cyberattacks.
Topics of discussion include:
- Common cybersecurity challenges for healthcare provider organizations
- Ransomware and why healthcare provider organizations are at an increased risk for this type of cyberattack
- Enforcement of HIPAA compliance from the Office for Civil Rights (OCR)
- Cyberattacks targeting third party vendors and how to harden cybersecurity measures of protected health information (PHI) with vendors
- How The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) Cybersecurity Framework can help healthcare provider organizations identify, protect, detect, respond and recover from a cyberattack
Connect with us to hear more about our healthcare team.