On this episode of Healthy Outcomes, our host Mark Ross interviews Todd Carpenter, the managing partner of Baker Tilly’s real estate advisory practice, as well as Brent Maier, the national leader of Baker Tilly’s real estate valuation practice. In part one of this two-part series, Ross, Carpenter and Maier discuss trends within the real estate market that are affecting healthcare providers.
Topics of discussion include:
- The continued shift of inpatient care to outpatient facilities and a hospital’s role in the future provision of healthcare
- Demographic trends and the demand for senior housing and services
- The importance of adding amenities to facilities to enhance the user experience
- Analyzing alternate uses of undeveloped or underutilized real estate, including land (e.g., workforce housing, non-healthcare uses)
- The structure of sale-leaseback transactions and how these transactions can benefit both healthcare providers and capital partners
- The impact that COVID-19, inflation and rising interest rates are having on real estate valuations and cap rates
Connect with us to hear more about our healthcare team.