No one who works in local government would say that financial management is simple. Your constituents never think about how time consuming your day-to-day tasks are.
Every unit of government has projects that need to be done – and equipment that needs to be upgraded or replaced. It’s tempting to defer projects and delay expenses, but that could catch up to you someday with a big bill – or a service failure. We all know it’s better to plan ahead.
Bond issues are not something you do every day, and you’ve got to get it right. The stakes are literally too high to risk a mistake or miss an opportunity to save. Since Baker Tilly is an independent advisor, our only priority is doing what’s best for the local governments we represent.
We know that paperwork does not go away after the bonds are sold. You as the bond issuer have a great deal of responsibility for reporting and compliance, at a time when you’d much rather be paying attention to your bond-funded project. Our team is here to help you.
We can provide a wide array of services:
- Annexation and Fiscal Plans
- Budget Preparation Assistance
- Comprehensive Financial Planning
- User Fee Development
- Audit Preparation
- CAFR Preparation
- Financial Reporting
- Tax Revenue Analysis and Management
- Debt Management Solutions
- Project Planning and Financial Development
- Refinancing of Existing Debt
- Long-Range Capital Planning and Implementation
- Developing and Evaluating Funding Alternatives
- Financial Presentations to Elected Officials and the Public
- Official Statements and Bond Sale Preparations
- Presentations to Bond Ratings Agencies
- Evaluation of Bond Insurance Proposals
- Competitive Bond Sales and Electronic Bidding Services
- Negotiated Bond Sales and Private Placements
- Coordination of Bond Closings
- Assistance to the Trustee Bank
- In-Progress Construction Reports
- Arbitrage Rebate Calculations
- Continuing Disclosure Filings
- Post Issuance Compliance
- Escrow Verifications
- Parity Reports