Strategy articulation and assessment
VBC program design and deployment requires a significant set of approach decisions and the execution of multiple priority initiatives. Program strategy must be translated into the capabilities necessary to achieve strategic objectives and define future state technology, staffing, and operating model needs to execute successful VBC programs.
How we can help
- Strategy articulation and roadmap development – we can define strategic objectives, enabling people, process and technology capabilities, and assessments of future-state capability requirements to develop capability level roadmaps, provide business case support, create preliminary budgets and ROM cost estimates.
- Operating model design – we can help establish functional operating models and required transitions plans to support execution of the strategy.
Business solution architecture
VBC programs require deployment of multiple complex systems, utilization of legacy capabilities in new ways, and process and data flows that connect everything end-to-end.
How we can help
- Overall solution architecture definition – we define the discrete solution components required to solve business problems, illustrating integration across solution components, and alignment of the enabling technology to each component.
- Solution decomposition – we decompose solutions into sub-components, features, and versions to enable definition of work plans at both the component and “big picture” level. We strive to align all key project activities to defined solution components to allow all team members to speak the same language and execute work more efficiently as a result.
- Marketplace solution identification – we support build or buy decision making by defining critical and unique functional business and technical requirements, conducting vendor research, executing RFI and RFP activities, including helping to drive scripted demos, and assisting in the selection of vendor products.
Program and project management
Delivery accuracy, transparency and risk management are critical to managing the successful deployment of VBC program capabilities.
How we can help
- Program and project charter creation – we can help articulate scope, program delivery approach, success criteria, stakeholders and communication expectations across teams.
- Status and project tracking – we introduce metric-driven transparency to help communicate the overall health and progress of a program or project, highlight milestones achieved and outline issues and risks
- Project delivery communication plan development – we establish program communication standards, objectives, meeting cadence and required audiences.
- Issue and risk management – we identify and log issues and risks, monitoring closure progress for timely mitigation, we then assign ownership and create action plans with documented resolutions.
- Budget and cost estimation – we use cost estimation approaches and periodic refinements as work progresses to plan and track resource requirements, budget status and overall project delivery health.
Custom solution delivery and implementation
VBC programs require new technology capabilities. It is likely that the solution architecture demands the deployment of new vended solutions, the development of custom components, the enhancement of existing organizational assets and integration across all components.
How we help
- End-to-end technology capability delivery management – we can assist in technology delivery across end-to-end solution roll-out, including requirements definition, logical and technical design, development and developer support, testing, and cutover planning and deployment for both custom and vendor driven solutions.
- Specific aspects of custom implementation delivery support – we provide dedicated delivery resources for the specific types of work typically required for custom technology solutions, including design, build, and test of user interface design, workflow and security, business rules and algorithms, reporting, interfaces and conversions.
Effective adoption and scale of VBC programs have a definitive impact on business teams. Health plans must integrate organizational change activities into project plans to ensure change is realized in impacted areas of the organization.
How we help
- Governance definition – we work with our clients to create governance models for program delivery and ongoing operational solution maintenance to enable effective communications, decision making and delivery effectiveness.
- Communication plan development and execution – we develop and distribute communications across a variety of media and audiences, such as status reports and newsletters to executive sponsors and impacted operations teams.
- Business process design and optimization – we assist in the creation of process design at multiple levels of detail, process standardization, and the translation of business processes to custom technology and vendor solutions.
- Value realization management – we define desired program business outcomes, targets and processes to measure performance against program goals.
- Organizational design – we support definition of required roles and responsibilities, RACI’s, interaction models, and the organizational structures that support them. We also support staffing model development and workforce planning.
- Training and support – we define training plans, develop training materials, coordinate the delivery of training across a variety of media and techniques, and assist in the definition and delivery of a long-term post-release support plan.
- Change impact assessments and management – we support change readiness assessments, change risk analysis, the build or update of job and role definitions and change management plans.