Whether you’re selling directly to the federal government, through a reseller, or as a subcontractor, it isn’t as simple as estimating a price and signing a contract.
A number of obligations can give rise to claims and disputes, as well as financial and reputational risk. Commercial item contractors have to analyze and document their pricing practices. Sometimes, they need to alter the way they operate and monitor their subcontractors and supply chain. They also may need to monitor sales/pricing practices differently, change how they report or how they manage their commercial business.
How Baker Tilly can help
GSA and VA Schedules offer a simplified contracting alternative, opening the door to vast opportunities. However, proposing and administering these types of contracts can be arduous and complex, with unique and often misunderstood risks.
For 15 years, Baker Tilly has helped companies from a wide variety of industries manage their federal government businesses in an efficient and profitable manner. In the last five years alone, Baker Tilly consultants have logged more than 100,000 hours working with companies selling commercial products and services to the federal government.
Much of our work involves mining historical data and analyzing it to develop Commercial Sales Practice (CSP) disclosures or quantify historical pricing compliance risk.
- Historical pricing analysis and FSS disclosures
- Proposal preparation and contract negotiation
- Complex labor category mapping and pricing analyses
- Contract management and compliance program design and implementation
- Option extension package and modifications
- Pre- and post-award GSA and VA OIG audit support
- Department of Justice investigations support