Pharmaceutical and other life sciences companies face major disruptions to the healthcare environment and care-delivery payment practices. The line between traditional commercial execution and real world evidence is fading. A shifting multi-customer environment with divergent demands for achieving economic outcomes and a movement from fee-for-service to risk sharing cost models are causing marketplace disruptions across pharma and medical device companies. As a result, companies are reexamining how they prepare for and execute their go-to-market strategies.
Baker Tilly professionals work with life sciences companies to address the market dynamics resulting from a more customer-driven approach to healthcare, helping them:
- Optimize growth for new and in-line brands
- Develop efficiencies across functional areas to transform operational effectiveness
- Produce strategy to execution solutions to achieve expected results
Our experience includes helping emerging life sciences companies develop their go-to-market and market access strategies, as well as helping established companies reinvigorate under-performing brands, expand access and utilization with payer and provider organizations, expand customer channels through innovative economic modeling, develop risk-sharing contracting strategies and create value-based dossiers and communications. Our commercial excellence expertise encompasses many areas, including:
- Self-insured employer customer channel access strategy, contracting and innovation – optimizing self-insured payers as primary customers
- Post-launch growth optimization strategy and innovation – to reinvigorate and expand growth
- Product-start-up and commercialization planning - using Product Opportunity Evaluation Modeling (POEM)
Whether the challenge is launching an entirely new product, relaunching an existing product or establishing a new division within the company, we can help companies build their strategies for validation and launch and expand market share and customer community.