If you’re looking for a new job, you don’t have to search on your own. Collaborating with a reputable recruiter can make your job search easier and can benefit your career by giving you access to a professional who can share insights on local employers and the talent landscape.
The following are several benefits a recruiter can offer during your next job search:
- Help you find an organization that is a strong culture fit
- Share salary expectations for your skills and experience
- Help you understand various career paths and how to achieve your career goals
- Provide access to opportunities that are not advertised
- Share information on opportunities with companies that you may not have previously considered
- Offer feedback on your resume
- Assist in interview preparation and provide typical interview questions and formats
- Help you understand the company and the people you will meet during the interview
- Share information about a specific role that might not be included in the job description
- Help you be part of a small applicant pool
- Provide you with frequent communication, fast responses, and candid feedback
- Help you evaluate and negotiate a job offer
- Counsel you on resigning from your current role
Generally, recruiters are not paid until a company successfully hires for their role. As a result, it is a recruiter’s goal to place the best candidate into the position for a solid match. And, because recruiters are paid by the companies, there is no cost to candidates. What do you have to lose?
For more information on this topic, or to learn how Baker Tilly search and staffing specialists can help, contact our team.