- The Wisconsin Department of Revenue's frequently asked questions clarified earlier guidance related to the state's pass-through entity tax passed in late 2018.
- Key elements in the final section 199A regulations for the 20 percent pass-through deduction, including eligibility requirements and aggregation rules.
- The IRS issued final section 199A regulations with a number of changes and clarifications, including for the rental real estate safe harbor.
- The IRS has recently deemed refundable AMT credits subject to sequestration under the Balanced Budget and Emergency Deficit Control Act of 1985.
- Any organization which provides parking to its employees, whether by paying a third party on its employees’ behalf or by providing employees with parking on its own, will be touched by this new rule. This tax alert focuses on qualified parking, which has the most far-reaching consequences for tax-exempt organizations.