- Vacation buy-back policies are meaningful benefits to employees. However, without careful program design, employers and employees could face unintended tax consequences.
- The Wisconsin Department of Revenue's frequently asked questions clarified earlier guidance related to the state's pass-through entity tax passed in late 2018.
- Key elements in the final section 199A regulations for the 20 percent pass-through deduction, including eligibility requirements and aggregation rules.
- The IRS issued final section 199A regulations with a number of changes and clarifications, including for the rental real estate safe harbor.
- The IRS has recently deemed refundable AMT credits subject to sequestration under the Balanced Budget and Emergency Deficit Control Act of 1985.