- More than one-in-five rural hospitals across 43 states are at a high risk of closing.
- Healthcare spending in the U.S. increased to $3.5 trillion in 2017, or nearly 18 percent of the country’s gross domestic product.
- Two municipal agencies in Pennsylvania recently sued two nonprofit hospital systems in two separate lawsuits alleging the systems operate similar to for-profits.
- Health systems are innovating and developing new ways to improve access to behavioral healthcare.
- Health insurers are currently experiencing economic stability and a time in which plan members are not over-utilizing services. Learn more.