- Increased funding could help hospitals with construction projects or expensive equipment purchases.
- According to Fitch Ratings’ 2019, good economic conditions will make for stable 2019 for healthcare sector.
- After a 14-month delay, CMS plans to release new star ratings on Hospital Compare in February 2019.
- U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics announced healthcare led all other sectors in November hiring with the ambulatory sector accounting for 60 percent of the total jobs created.
- CMS paid $31 billion in improper payments in FY 2018, the lowest improper payment rate for Medicare fee-for-service since 2010.