- Cybersecurity is one of the most urgent topics in business today. It seems that every week, there is a new story about a company’s data being breached with millions of customer records, payment card data, or lost trade secrets. The best-prepared companies are shifting their cybersecurity strategies from prevention, to implementing techniques that quickly detect breaches and limit the damage once a breach has been confirmed. What are the effective components of a modern cybersecurity management program? We consider five main components to improve cybersecurity effectiveness.
- As with revenue recognition itself, the codification has never comprehensively addressed costs in connection with contracts. Often, the guidance has been found within the industry sections, or other disparate sections of the codification. The new standard seeks to comprehensively address the issue.
- The adoption of ASC 842, Leases, makes accounting much more complex for traditional operating leases. Not surprisingly, the disclosure requirements are quite extensive.
- Accounting Standards Codification (ASC) 606, Revenue from Contracts with Customers, seeks to change the value of disclosures by requiring robust disclosure for the users of the financial statements.
- View Baker Tilly's recent ASC 606 webinar on element 5: recognizing revenue.
- Previous Next