Regulatory pressures facing utilities are persistent and ever changing. An understanding of GASB 65, GASB 67, and GASB 68 allows for proper planning and adjustments based on the effective timeframes of each. This webinar discusses the new standards from GASB and how they play a role in public power.
Learning outcomes for this webinar include:
- Discuss the new accounting standards you should know
- Understand the definitions of the new elements of the financial statements
- Identify classification of assets, deferred outflows, liabilities, and deferred inflows
- Highlight changes in accounting treatment for certain items
- Identify planning for pension accounting changes and impacts on reporting and rates