Global specialty clothing retailer with more than 1,000 stores that operate in more than 200 international locations and 24 countries.
The business challenge
To support the significant global growth planned for the company, an automated talent acquisition platform was needed to market to applicants, build candidate pipelines, and rapidly hire people. Talent acquisition issues included:
- Inability to post store jobs online and broadcast them using social media meant sourcing and hiring was limited to walk-ins and word-of-mouth and an in-store paper-based management process
- Disparate hiring processes across stores, corporate and distribution centers were creating talent acquisition inefficiencies
- A lengthy and clunky application for corporate employees was resulting in significant candidate drop off rates
- An outdated onboarding tool on an archaic platform that was not user friendly and no longer supported by the software company was resulting in inconsistent processes, significant manual efforts, and an unfavorable first impression for new hires
The Baker Tilly approach
Baker Tilly deployed its proven process and implementation methodology to implement a global standardized platform that would provide the hiring flexibility needed for stores, corporate and distribution centers. This included:
- Deep current state process analysis to understand the differences, similarities and pain points felt by recruiters, HR and hiring managers throughout the organization
- Process reengineering to streamline the communication, data flow and user experience
- A thorough impact analysis to highlight the changing expectations of the organization and drive clear, concise communications about the changes
- Iterative design, build and test phases with detailed process and configuration documentation to allow the team to see the impacts of their decisions
- A new global governance model and newly formed infrastructure support teams
The business impact
The implementation of Oracle Talent Acquisition Cloud has enabled the following key business results:
- Global standard processes that are consistent across business units and geographies improve the end user experience and drive efficiencies
- The single platform enables organizational reporting on key metrics, monitoring status against key performance indicators and the ability to make well informed process improvement changes for the business
- With mobile capabilities, stores managers now have the flexibility to recruit on the go and spend more time on their key store responsibilities
- The move to a modern platform and sourcing methods significantly improved the client’s brand, the candidate experience and their ability to market jobs to their target audiences
- The cloud-based talent acquisition platform is easy to maintain, enabling the client to control and configure any changes or updates to the system quickly.
For more information on this topic, or to learn how Baker Tilly specialists can help, contact our team.