- US multinational corporations doing business in foreign countries (and foreign based multinational corporations doing business inside the US or foreign countries other than their own) are typically subject to the domestic tax laws of the countries where they engaged in business activities.
- The IRS released Revenue Procedure 2019-10, which modifies Revenue Procedure 2018-31 and contains guidance for an insurance company changing its basis of computing reserves.
- On Dec. 14, 2018, Wisconsin legislation was signed into law that allows electing S corporations and partnerships to be taxed at the entity level rather than passing the income, loss or deductions through to shareholders and partners.
- Any organization which provides parking to its employees, whether by paying a third party on its employees’ behalf or by providing employees with parking on its own, will be touched by this new rule. This tax alert focuses on qualified parking, which has the most far-reaching consequences for tax-exempt organizations.
- Listen to our annual webinar on year-end tax planning for businesses. Our tax specialists discuss tax reform provisions you should consider as we head into the filing season.