- Ensuring there are adequate controls over both traditional and electronic processes and periodically reviewing those controls can help mitigate your government’s susceptibility to fraud. Baker Tilly’s audit team encourages you to consider implementing these five low-cost controls.
- Each government is unique in its public needs, structure, and plans, and your fund balance levels should reflect those factors.
- For recipients of federal awards that currently have a negotiated indirect cost rate, there is now a requirement that all federal awarding agencies accept this negotiated rate unless otherwise required by federal statute or regulation or when approved based on documented justification.
- Our society depends on critical civic and social services provided by state and local governments. These services require effective cybersecurity to support the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of this data.
- One of the most discussed areas of change as a result of the Uniform Guidance is to the requirements surrounding tracking and reporting of payroll related costs, or time and effort reporting.
- Previous Next