- The Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) issued Accounting Standards Update 2013-12, Definition of a Public Business Entity (ASU 2013-12) in December 2013. This update provides a single definition of public business entity for use in future financial accounting and reporting guidance. Distinctions about which not-for-profit entities (NFPs) would receive financial accounting and reporting alternatives within US GAAP typically have been made on the basis of whether an NFP has public debt securities, including conduit debt.
- On December 18, 2013, the Securities and Exchange Commission voted to propose rules intended to increase access to capital for smaller companies. The SEC’s proposal would build upon Regulation A, which is an existing exemption from registration for small offerings of securities up to $5 million within a 12-month period.
- Our panel of professionals in compliance, law, and manufacturing discuss the “conflict minerals” requirements of Section 1502 of the Dodd-Frank Act, and practical approaches to compliance.
- Baker Tilly assists manufacturer with Sarbanes-Oxley compliance
- Currently, there is no guidance in US GAAP about management’s responsibilities for evaluating or disclosing going concern uncertainties. There is also no guidance in US GAAP about when and how going concern uncertainties should be disclosed in an entity’s financial statement footnotes.
- Previous Next