- The NAIC Cybersecurity (EX) Task Force recently discussed use and contracting of third parties, including breach notification and state regulatory oversight.
- This proposed rule states that written BCPs will be required for all RIAs, as well as details of how advisors would transition client accounts if an advisor were to suspend operations.
- Cybersecurity is one of the most urgent topics in business today. It seems that every week, there is a new story about a company’s data being breached with millions of customer records, payment card data, or lost trade secrets. The best-prepared companies are shifting their cybersecurity strategies from prevention, to implementing techniques that quickly detect breaches and limit the damage once a breach has been confirmed. What are the effective components of a modern cybersecurity management program? We consider five main components to improve cybersecurity effectiveness.
- New York Department of Financial Services (NY DFS) will be releasing on Dec. 28, 2016, a revised version of the 23 NYCRR 500 Financial Services Law which outlines cybersecurity requirements.
- Baker Tilly's assurance professionals discuss ASC 606, revenue recognition, transition methods available to organizations and the effective dates for the new standard.
- Previous Next