- In this webinar, Baker Tilly cyber specialists walk through several integrated security testing and cyber intelligence case studies that can be used to understand potential cyberattack scenarios and prioritize mitigation strategies at your organization.
- The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act makes keeping a log of your activities more important than ever. New IRC section 199A requires taxpayers to prove the amount of time they spend on qualified trades or businesses. Get started with this sample log.
- The SEC completed a rule to lessen the disclosure requirements for public companies. The market regulator said the changes will lighten the regulatory requirements for public companies without depriving investors of useful information for making investment decisions.
- The FASB published a long-awaited update to U.S. GAAP’s guidance for long-term insurance policies. The changes require insurers to regularly assess their need to update the assumptions they use for estimating their liabilities to policyholders. The amended accounting marks a sea change from current reporting practices, which often leave insurers with forecasts about policyholders and future cash flows that are based on assumptions that may be years, if not decades, out of date.
- The Treasury Department issued proposed regulations meant to clarify the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act’s section 199A and its qualified business income deduction.
- Previous Next