- There were 55 reported food and beverage transactions that closed during the third quarter of 2018, with an aggregate deal value of $490 million.
- Baker Tilly Capital provided transaction advisory assistance to Miesfeld’s in the final stages of the company’s partnership with the Richard Sachse family.
- There were 297 reported healthcare M&A transactions that closed during the third quarter of 2018, with an aggregate deal value of $32.1 billion. Of these transactions, 88 were middle-market transactions with a reported aggregate deal value of $9.3 billion.
- The FASB plans to hear input from its Investor Advisory Committee (IAC) on two early-stage projects that could usher in major changes to GAAP. The IAC plans to discuss the FASB’s examination of segment reporting and its project to more clearly distinguish between liabilities and equity. The panel also plans to discuss the SEC’s disclosure simplification initiative.
- The AICPA’s Financial Reporting Executive Committee (FinREC) issued proposed guidance for estimating the fair value of raw materials and finished goods acquired when one business buys another. If finalized, the guidance will be included in an audit and valuation guide for business combinations.
- Previous Next