- Rural America has seen more than 440 nursing homes close or merge over the last decade.
- More than one-in-five rural hospitals across 43 states are at a high risk of closing.
- Healthcare spending in the U.S. increased to $3.5 trillion in 2017, or nearly 18 percent of the country’s gross domestic product.
- Two municipal agencies in Pennsylvania recently sued two nonprofit hospital systems in two separate lawsuits alleging the systems operate similar to for-profits.
- A new found that most mental healthcare providers do not use electronic health records (EHRs), preventing full integration of patient data between physical and mental healthcare providers.
- Previous Next