- There were 48 transactions that closed in the central Pennsylvania regional market during the fourth quarter of 2018, with an aggregate deal value of $8.0 billion.
- In the ILCMA’s City/County Management in Illinois, Baker Tilly explains how an operational business review can help realign a public sector organization’s resources with its strategic objectives.
- Baker Tilly SALT specialists, Frank Czekay and Ilya Lipin, reflect on the impacts of recent Pennsylvania legislative, administrative, and judicial state and local tax developments in the Pennsylvania CPA Journal.
- SEC Commissioner Hester Peirce said at a gathering of institutional investors that she does not agree with their push for disclosures about corporate board members’ personal characteristics. She is worried about unintended consequences of such disclosures, including invasion of board directors’ privacy.
- With less than a year before publicly traded companies must start applying the FASB’s new credit losses standard, several business groups led by the U.S. Chamber of Commerce asked the SEC and the board to delay the effective date of 2020. The banking industry in the past several months has been lobbying for a delay to no avail, and now business groups that represent all industries have banded together in the hopes that the FASB will change its mind.
- Previous Next