- Cooperatives continue to face a wide range of unique tax and accounting issues.
- Recordkeeping needs vary for departments involved in utility construction. Consolidating utility continuing property records (CPRs) will increase accuracy of financials and rates — and save time.
- CMS paid $31 billion in improper payments in FY 2018, the lowest improper payment rate for Medicare fee-for-service since 2010.
- A new analysis by the Health Care Cost Institute (HCCI) showed that primary care physicians saw 18 percent fewer patients from 2012 to 2016.
- An opioid that is 1,000 times more potent than morphine was approved to serve as an alternative to IV painkillers.