- A recently issued revenue procedure provides certain retailers with a safe harbor method of accounting for expenditures related to remodeling or refreshing their buildings.
- The rules for owning and managing a REIT can be complicated, but they are not onerous. Many property owners and real estate investors find the advantages of a REIT far outweigh the regulatory requirements.
- A broader scope of work may qualify for purposes of the 100-hour significant participation activity test.
- A careful review of the passive activity credit carryforward schedule is necessary to understand if your passive activities may generate tax credit.
- Under IRS Rev. Ruls. 2015-9 and 2015-10 more transactions qualify as type D acquisitive asset reorganizations (under Sec. 368(a)(1)(D)), so may be more apt to accept various forms of reorganization transaction.
- Previous Next