- It’s no longer enough for banks and other financial institutions to simply have good working relationships with the third parties that provide IT and other services. New, stricter standards and increased scrutiny by the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC) and the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB), as well as the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) and the Federal Financial Institutions Examination Council (FFIEC), mean financial institutions now have the same responsibilities for in-house and out-of-house services.
- U.S. companies are bracing for requirements related to the new EU-U.S. “Privacy Shield”, which establishes a new framework for data transfers that underpin the world’s largest trading relationship between the EU and the U.S. Get a head start on compliance by understanding the agreement’s data transfer protocol requirements, oversight, and compliance implications for affected U.S. companies.
- Baker Tilly talks with Bisnow about how to implement an effective cybersecurity management program by looking at cybersecurity holistically and not just as a technology problem. Learn more about what common, yet critical areas most organizations overlook and actionable steps you can take today to protect your data.
- Credit union aligns internal audit and risk management by working with Baker Tilly’s risk, internal audit, and financial institution specialists.
- Data classification is an important first step in establishing a cybersecurity management program, as it allows an organization to make managerial decisions about resource allocation to secure data from unauthorized access.
- Previous Next