- Few topics in finance garner as much attention – and varied opinion – as mortgage finance reform. Observers on both sides of the aisle agree that steps are needed to delimit GSE involvement and attendant taxpayer exposure, but that consensus usually disappears when debate turns to specific measures for reform.
- Baker Tilly's insurance industry specialists discuss if captive insurance companies could be a solution for your organization.
- As has been anticipated since the end of the Great Recession, a wave of bank consolidation is very much in formation and could swell to significant levels later in 2015. On its own merit, the increase in average pricing on Q1 2015 deals to a level of just over 150% of book value strongly indicates a more robust mergers and acquisition market for banks.
- Baker Tilly leveraged deep experience providing forensic accounting services to financial institutions to conduct an investigation into alleged misstatements in borrowings, identify theft, and misstatements related to investments.
- Prior to the closing of the deal, certain outside directors were indicted by the US government and charged with numerous counts of fraud, misappropriation of assets, and obstruction of justice, as well as other charges related to business dealings outside of the bank. Baker Tilly was engaged to help determine the degree of involvement and influence the subject directors may have had on the bank’s operations and financial condition.
- Previous Next