- Any entity that provides minimum essential health coverage (MEC), under the Affordable Care Act (ACA), to its employees must report that coverage to the employees and to the Internal Revenue Service.
- Under the Affordable Care Act, beginning in 2015, businesses may incur additional taxes or penalties for noncompliance in filing the information returns.
- From Jan. 1, 2014 through June 30, 2015, small employers (non-ALEs) who have reimbursed employees for self-purchased health coverage can continue to reimburse these amounts on a pre-tax basis.
- The heightened complexity of vendor risk management for US banks was evident at a conference sponsored by Marcus Evans in Chicago on June 3-4. Need for resources, maintaining oversight, and how organizations are managing the process internally were all hot topics of conversation.
- The US Department of Labor (DOL) issued a report on its inspection of 2011 employee benefit plan audits, Assessing the Quality of Employee Benefit Plan Audits. The report is quite troubling as the DOL found a deficiency rate that is too high for such an important element of the system to protect participants in employee benefit plans.
- Previous Next