The world’s leading supplier of instrument panels and cockpit systems, door panels, floor consoles and overhead consoles with over 90 manufacturing facilities employing over 28,000 people across 17 countries.
The business challenge
The company had recently underwent a divestiture from their former parent company, and was faced with the immediate need to transition to an independent HR and talent management system. They needed to evaluate their current HR practices
and identify a new solution that would integrate with their current HR system infrastructure and meet their complex global requirements. During the evaluation, they identified these key areas that needed to be addressed:
- Three regionally disparate HR applications
- Global processes that were implemented and governed differently across the regions
- Inconsistent data and infrastructure design across the regions
The Baker Tilly approach
Short-term, the client decided to implement Oracle’s Talent Acquisition and Talent Management solutions while long-term, they plan to implement Oracle’s full Core HCM solution to support their wider workforce management plan. Baker Tilly applied a holistic approach and worked with the client to develop a Core HR implementation strategy and roadmap that accomplished both their short and long-term goals.
The short-term project began with an analysis of current practices and identification of future state design needs. These activities brought to the forefront,the challenges of a global implementation and standardization of the solution across the enterprise. The team used processes to drive system design and configuration while simultaneously leveraging system functionality to optimize those processes. A “light” version of the Core HR application was built – with a concentration on a consistent foundation to support these deployments. Baker Tilly worked with the client to harmonize practices while actively developing the infrastructure and processes to support a global workforce.
The next phase of the project will focus on implementing the Core HR solution and replacing the client’s three existing HR systems. Through a phased deployment by region, Baker Tilly will continue to leverage its industry knowledge and Oracle HCM Cloud expertise to design a global solution to support the client’s business strategy. In order to reach those goals, Baker Tilly plans to:
- Merge business processes and definitions within the corporate and non-corporate practices through comprehensive analysis and critical design
- Utilize standard system functionality and promote better usage of the application by all end users
- Focus on guiding principles that support the common model across all regions
Once the consolidated Core HR system is in place, the client will be able to quickly integrate additional talent management features and functions and easily adjust to the constantly changing needs of the organization.
The business impact:
- A single source for global HR data that integrates with recruiting, onboarding and talent management products
- Enhanced global reporting capabilities
- Standardized global HR process workflow and security
For more information on this topic, or to learn how Baker Tilly specialists can help, contact our team.