Join us to discuss recent accounting, tax and regulatory changes impacting community banks and other financial institutions.
The banking industry has been experiencing many changes, including tax reform, the CECL standard and an increase in merger and acquisition activity. Join Baker Tilly’s banking specialists and speakers from the OCC, Luse Gorman and FIG Partners to gain professional insight into the accounting, financial and regulatory developments that affect community banks now and in the future. Attendees will have the opportunity to learn about these trending topics as well as network with peers and presenters.
- 8:30 – 9 a.m. – Registration and continental breakfast
- 9 – 9:05 a.m. – Welcome and introductions
- 9:05 – 9:35 a.m. – Regulatory update
- 9:35 – 10:35 a.m. – Tax Cuts and Jobs Act update
- 10:35 – 10:50 a.m. – BREAK
- 10:50 – 11:50 a.m. – CECL accounting standard update
- 11:50 a.m. – 12 p.m. – BREAK
- 12 – 1 p.m. – Lunch and M&A panel discussion
- 1 – 1:15 p.m. – Closing remarks
Key learning objectives
- Receive a general regulatory update and trends overview from the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC)
- Review clarifications to the key provisions under the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act and analyze the tax reform impact on community banks
- Understand common loan portfolio segmentation issues under CECL and what organizations are doing to prepare
- Discover the drivers behind increased M&A activity in the banking industry and understand the current trends
Who should attend
- Community banking professionals involved in accounting/finance, tax, risk, regulatory and transactional/M&A processes
- Banking professionals from credit unions and other financial institutions
Information about CPE eligibility
There are no prerequisites for this seminar, and advance preparation is not required. There is no cost to attend this seminar.
CPE credit: Four (4) hour total credit
Fields of study: Accounting (1); Tax (1); Management Advisory Services (1); Regulatory Ethics (1)
A certificate of completion will be e-mailed to you four to six weeks after the event.
For more information regarding administrative policies such as complaint and refund, please contact our offices at 608 240 2522.
Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.learningmarket.org.