Chief Executive Officer
Timothy L. Christen is Chairman and CEO of Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP, one of the top 20 largest accounting firms in the US. Tim chairs the firm’s Executive and Compensation Committees.
With staff totaling more than 1,500, Baker Tilly provides a wide range of accounting, tax, assurance, and advisory services. The firm serves clients from its Chicago headquarters, as well as offices in Detroit, Minneapolis, New York, Washington DC, and throughout Wisconsin. Under Tim’s leadership, the former Virchow, Krause & Company, LLP changed its name and rebranded as Baker Tilly in 2009 to become the exclusive US-branded firm in the Baker Tilly International network. This transition is a commitment by the firm to meet the ever-changing global needs of its clients.
In addition to serving Baker Tilly, Tim is very active within the 350,000 member American Institute of CPAs. Positions and accomplishments include:
- AICPA Board of Directors
- AICPA Governing Council
- AICPA Major Firms Group Chairman (Eighty largest U.S. firms excluding Big 4)
- Recognized by Inside Public Accounting as one of the five Most Admired U.S. Managing Partners (as voted by Major Firm MPs)
- Recognized by Accounting Today as one of the 100 most influential people in the accounting profession
- Lyric Opera of Chicago Board of Directors
- Commercial Club of Chicago
- Economic Club of Chicago
- Civic Federation Board of Directors - Chicago
- Chicago United Way Tocqueville Committee
- Wisconsin Manufacturers & Commerce Board Member
Tim graduated Magna Cum Laude from the University of Wisconsin – Platteville. He has been formally recognized as a Distinguished Alumnus and was honored to deliver the graduation commencement keynote speech in 2001.
Download a printable version of Tim's resume >