You represent thought leadership in the energy and utilities industry - that is what we also provide at Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP.
To continue our efforts supporting the industry, the Energy and Utilities Group at Baker Tilly has established a group on LinkedIn. The Power Up Energy and Utilities Accounting Issues Forum is a centralized hub to discuss current accounting and hot topics affecting our organizations and the energy and utility industry.
Join the conversation now.
Our industry faces unique accounting challenges and equitable rate recovery issues to keep our energy and utility organizations vibrant and robust. Together, with all of our collective knowledge and practical experiences, we can help our industry with the correct application of new and emerging accounting standards. We can also lead or respond to an ongoing dialog over current industry issues, whether they're issues regarding regulatory accounting, conflicting accounting standards - FASB/GASB/International Standards (IFRS) or just topics you want to talk about that you wrestle with in your day job and all the hats you wear.
Join in the group discussions as we discuss applications of trending accounting issues like:
- Regulatory Accounting Under Financial Accounting Standards Board Statement Number 71 Accounting for the Effects of Certain Types of Regulation - FASB Codification 980
- Application of derivative accounting standards under GASB 53
- Enterprise Risk Management
- Intangible asset accounting under the new GASB 51 standard
- Your utility's use of social media (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter) to promote various initiatives or get information out to your customers
As a group, sharing our collective knowledge and experiences will better our industry.
To learn more, connect with Russ Hissom via email or by calling him at 608 240 2361.
What experiences does your utility have with implementing changes for GASB 51?
Ideas and applications for Enterprise Risk Management (ERM)
Implementing Automated Metering Infrastructure (AMI): what problems or solutions has your utility run into?
Contact our energy and utilities team >