- Baker Tilly principal and firmwide Latin American services desk leader Jeff Jorge has joined the US-Mexico Chamber of Commerce’s new Detroit chapter as a founding board member.
- Tax Partner Dwayne Holt was recently elected to the executive committee and board of the District of Columbia Building Industry Association DCBIA as treasurer.
- Baker Tilly research indicates that four out of five businesses in the United States are not ready for succession. Key challenges faced by family business owners include being ready for transition or market sale and ensuring that the business has the financial capacity to support both retirement and the next generation.
- The move is the latest in a series of acquisitions and hirings as Baker Tilly ramps up its metro Detroit profile. Jeff Jorge, who founded Global Development Partners in 2006, becomes a non-CPA principal at Baker Tilly and now runs its new Latin America services desk for its international services team.
- Baker Tilly is helping insurance organizations understand Statement of Statutory Accounting Principles (SSAP) No. 101, Income Taxes, A Replacement of SSAP No. 10R and SSAP No. 10. During a recent educational webinar, SSAP No. 101: Issues to consider, 70% of respondents indicated they continue to have questions and issues with the tax provision process.
- Previous Next