- Partner Jeff Krull discusses HIPAA risk assessments in Health IT Security. Within this article, Krull emphasizes the importance of going through a comprehensive risk assessment and recommends taking the time to make necessary changes. Read more to understand why running through a checklist leaves a lot to be overlooked.
- Corporate governance and cybersecurity threats were found to be the greatest focus areas in the insurance industry within the next two years in a poll during Baker Tilly's recent educational webinar, 2015 hot topics in NAIC risk-focused examinations.
- With nearly 58% of financial services organizations having between five and fifteen critical vendor relationships and increased focus on vendor controls by regulatory bodies, vendor management is becoming a challenge for banking, insurance and asset management companies.
- Best’s Review, a monthly insurance news magazine published by A.M. Best Company, just released rankings of the top audit and actuarial firms in the US. Within the Top Audit and Actuarial Firms lists compiled by A.M. Best, Baker Tilly ranked fifth in the Top Health Audit Firms category and eleventh in the Top Property and Casualty Audit Firms* category.
- Baker Tilly is helping insurance organizations understand Statement of Statutory Accounting Principles (SSAP) No. 101, Income Taxes, A Replacement of SSAP No. 10R and SSAP No. 10. During a recent educational webinar, SSAP No. 101: Issues to consider, 70% of respondents indicated they continue to have questions and issues with the tax provision process.
- Previous Next