- A poll conducted by Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP (Baker Tilly) indicates that more than 30% of insurance organizations struggle to comply with regulations that appropriately safeguard confidential and/or personally identifiable information (PII).
- The Society of Financial Examiners (SOFE) awarded James Morris with the Founder’s Award on July 15, 2015.
- Accounting and advisory firm Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP (Baker Tilly) has rearticulated the necessity of improving audit quality after a May 28th United States Department of Labor (DOL) report on its inspection of 2011 employee benefit plan audits.
- Partner Jeff Krull discusses HIPAA risk assessments in Health IT Security. Within this article, Krull emphasizes the importance of going through a comprehensive risk assessment and recommends taking the time to make necessary changes. Read more to understand why running through a checklist leaves a lot to be overlooked.
- Corporate governance and cybersecurity threats were found to be the greatest focus areas in the insurance industry within the next two years in a poll during Baker Tilly's recent educational webinar, 2015 hot topics in NAIC risk-focused examinations.
- Previous Next